Weekly Roundup compiles all the biggest news stories, reviews and features from the week into one handy post on the weekends.
A bit of a slow week due to the holidays, but it’s hard to complain with a week of great XBLA sales. XBLA Fans wants to know if you picked up anything good during the holiday deals.
Now then, let’s get started:
- Three XBLA favorites, Mark of the Ninja, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and Fez, compete in the Best Independent Game category for Spike TV’s annual Video Game Awards.
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition developer 4J Studios confirmed they’re working on bringing texture packs to the title at some point in the future.
- The fine tradition of Xbox Live Arcade holiday sales makes its return, slashing prices on select XBLA titles for a limited time. This year’s sale will continue until Monday, November 26, so act fast.
- Also ending Monday, November 26, is the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Halloween Skin Pack loaded with over 50 exclusive player skins for 160 MSP. All proceeds go directly to supporting several great causes.
- The ex-Reverge Labs team behind XBLA’s Skullgirls has formed a new studio, Lab Zero Games, with intentions of continuing work on the property.
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD fans can finally expect to see the Revert Pack downloadable content coming December 4 for 400 MSP.