It’s Sunday everyone, and you know what that means, it’s roundup time. In this weekly post, we put together everything worth mentioning that we didn’t get posted. We also link to everything we did around the web, whether on this site or one of the other places you can find us like YouTube or Twitch.
88 Heroes is a side-scrolling 2D action platformer from developer Bitmap Bureau. In 88 Heroes there are 88 levels, spread out across five worlds, and you must complete them all in 88 minutes. You must beat each level in 88 seconds or less, and if you die, one of the 88 heroes left will arise to help complete the job. This week the first character pack, RSG Champions, was released for free. It adds eight new heroes; all are from different Rising Star Games universe. Below you can find a full list of heroes and what their unique skills do:
- The M@ge (from Brut@l)- can fire magical blasts out of his cane; tap Action button for small blast, press harder for bigger (big blasts can destroy scenery)
- Dex (from A Pixel Story) – pressing the Action button drops his teleporting hat; pressing the Action button again teleports Dex to the location where the hat was dropped
- Rusty (from SteamWorld Dig) – can use his pickaxe to kill enemies and, more importantly, dig through the scenery in all four directions
- Gunborg (from Zombie Vikings) – very large character, can use massive sword to kill enemies and smash walls; when she gets hit, her body collapses but her head starts bouncing and can still be controlled
- The Conga Masters (from Conga Master) – immune to enemy attacks; touching enemies adds them to your conga line
- Vamp Girl (from I Want To Be Human) – can double jump and use her shotgun to kill enemies
- Eyas (from The Land of Eyas) – press the Action button to reverse gravity and walk on the ceiling
- The Ninja (from Ninja Shodown) – moves quickly, can cling to and climb up/down walls; uses katana blade to attack enemies
Don’t Knock Twice
This new FPS horror developed by Wales Interactive alongside the upcoming horror film of the same name. You play as a mother who is trying to rescue her daughter. The only clue you have to go in is getting to the bottom of the children’s rhyme about a witch “one knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.” Don’t Knock Twice will be available September 4 for $12.49 but can be pre-ordered now for $9.99 from the Microsoft Store.
Pinball FX 3
Zen Studios has announced that there next set of tables, Universal Classics Pinball, will be available at launch for their upcoming release Pinball FX 3. This new set of tables will journey through some of the most memorable scenes from three classic films from the ’70s and 80’s: Jaws, Back to the Future and E.T.: Extra Terrestrial.
Surf: World Series
UK developer Climax Studios has announced that there upcoming game Surf: World Series will be released on August 29 for $14.99. If you’ve been on the fence about this ‘THPS like’ surfer, then head on over to the Microsoft Store and give the demo a try.
- Friday New Releases: August 11, 2017
- Spotify App Coming to Xbox One Today
- Xbox Rolling Out New Dashboard Update to onsider Participants
- Wednesday New Releases: August 8, 2017