Time for another Sunday Roundup, where we gather up anything we missed that is noteworthy and link to everything we posted.
This week has been a good one for us here at XBLA Fans. We got to review a long-awaited 3D platformer, brought you coverage of indie convention in the UK and Microsoft finally reveals more details on Microsoft’s next system. There are several more news stories, reviews and new releases for the week in the wrap-up section, but first, the main course everything we didn’t get to.
Badland Games announced their partnership with Alawar Premium and Octopus Tree to bring Goliath to Xbox One.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
The first of two new games from Artifex Mundi coming out in the coming months, due out on June 23.
Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
This is the second of the two announced hidden object games coming to Xbox One from Artifex Mundi, this particular title arriving on April 21.
Today Mode 7, the developers behind Tokyo 42, released a pre-alpha trailer for your viewing pleasure.
Playtonic gives a little bit of an inside view as to how they updated the 3D platformer for the modern gamer. They have also announced some specifics for the already available update:
- [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon
- [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in Moodymaze Marsh
- [Fixed] Game softlocks and has to be reset if the player leaves the course and faints during the Nimble race in Tribalstack Tropics
- [Fixed] Softlock will sometimes occur on the Hub C slide if the player faints at the same moment as the timer reaching zero
- [Fixed] If the player leaves Brreeeze Block’s room in the Icymetric Palace in Glitterglaze Glacier but remains in the world and returns to the same room then the isometric camera will be deactivated
- [Fixed] If player is killed by a bizzy in hub B and knocked back into the archive door at the exact same time, the screen will still transition. When the player respawns, they will be unable to move
- Performance improvements to various camera transitions in the introductory cut scene
- Performance improvements to Shipwreck Creek and Hivory Towers. Various areas have been improved including camera movement
- Performance improvements when using the light beam in the Icymetric Palace within Glitterglaze Glacier
- Performance improvements during the House of Cards ball roll course in Capital Cashino
- Performance improvements in the Bee-Bop arcade game
- Super Cloudbuilt Shows Off Gameplay with Commentary
- Free Portal Knights Trial Coming to Xbox One this Month
- Alien City Building Sim Aven Colony Coming to Xbox One
- Dex Receives a New xbox One Demo + Giveaway
- Project Scorpio Final Specs Revealed
- We Happy Few set to Hit the Silverscreen Thanks to New Movie Deal
- 88 Heroes Review: Who’s Laughing Now
- Death Squared Review: Coordinate, Cooperate and Concentrate
- R.B.I. Baseball 2017 Review: Errors in the Outfield
- Snake Pass Review: Land of the Free
- Yooka-Laylee Review: A Certified Treat