Welcome to the Minecraft: Story Mode review hub. Here we’ll collect our reviews for the individual episodes of the series as they are released. Check out the reviews for the individual episodes below.
- Episode 1: Order of the Stone — “Telltale did Minecraft justice and created a surprisingly fitting story”
- Episode 2: Assembly Required — “the adventuring feels really run-of-the-mill compared to either theme-centric first act branches”
- Episode 3: The Last Place You Look — “exactly what this season needed”
- Episode 4: A Block and a Hard Place — “unexpectedly dark”
- Episode 5: Order Up! — “a very different culture and some great new characters”
- Episode 6: A Portal to Mystery — “best suited for the hardcore Minecraft/YouTube audience”
Minecraft: Story Mode is the product of Mojang partnering with Telltale Games in order to craft a narrative for the worldwide block-building phenomenon. The series follows Jesse, his friends, and his pet pig as they are thrust into adventure after an evil force is unleashed. It’s up to them to reunite The Order of the Stone, four legendary heroes who slayed the Ender Dragon and possibly the only ones powerful enough to save the world.