Season six of Fortnite Battle Royale hasn’t really been as exciting as many of its previous seasons. Other than the floating island that seems to be moving between the seven different runes on the map, and a few Holloween decorations appearing at various points of the map, there isn’t anything this season that adds to the wow factor. With that being said, patch v6.10 released today, bringing with it a couple of new additions alongside the usual gameplay changes and bug fixes. Players can expect to see one new vehicle type available in-game now as well as a new events tab when they load up to the initial lobby. Here is a deeper dive into v6.10 of Fortnite Battle Royale.
Today Fortnite introduces one new vehicle type alongside the ATK and the shopping cart. The Quadcrasher is an ATV style bike that seats two people and can crash directly through enemy structures. Players build up boost simply by driving around, then unleash that boost with the corresponding button initiating speed that allows them to crash through structures and launch enemy players up into the air by crashing into them.
Disco Domination LTM Changes
The overall idea of the Disco Domination LTM sounded a little silly, but consider it Fortnite’s own version of Domination. The mode which was released during the previous patch has players drop into the map and capture various dance floors by dancing. Enemies work to make their way around the map and assume control of those zones. Players respawn when they die, holding onto their weapons and materials up until the final circle. First team to reach the score limit first wins. Today, developer Epic Games released a few interesting updates to the mode.
- Bandage spawns have been reduced by 50%.
- Common weapons have been removed entirely.
- The variance of where you can spawn has been increased by 30% along the storm circle of your team.
- Dance floors on the sides have been brought closer to the storm edge.
- Max respawn distance has been reduced by 20%.
The changes are interesting, as now players will find only rare colored weapons or higher as drops. The variance of spawns should make the action a lot more intense.
The second new addition added with update v6.10 is the Events tab that players will find waiting for them in the in-game lobby. Inside the Events tab players can find various tournaments open to everyone with a variety of different competitions.
- Tournaments have various scheduled dates and times that the competition will run. Players can browse all the various upcoming competitions.
- Each and every session is a new session meaning all players will be on the same equal level at the beginning of playing.
- Players will compete over several hours to earn points by eliminating opponents and/or surviving against the competition.
- Players will be matched against opponents who have scores similar to theirs during the session.
- Scoring enough points during an event session will earn you a golden pin for that tournament.
Weapons and Items
- The Port-a-Fortress has once again been disabled as issues revolving around the item are resolved. Due to this, the Port-a-Fort drop rate has been increased from 3.05% to 4.89%. The reason for this increase is to keep the drop rate about the same as if both items were in play to help with the completion of challenges.
- Players can now view and change the controls for both combat and building in the controls menu.
- Players are now able to set the building mode sensitivity in the options menu. The sensitivity is a multiplier that allows up to a 2x increase.
- A new option for builder pro has been added that allows players to immediately place the piece, instead of selecting a piece and seeing a preview of the selected piece beforehand. This will allow for faster building.
- An option that allows for edit hold time to be adjusted has been added.
- The emote menu has been changed. Simply pressing down on the D-pad now opens the emote menu, holding the button down will automatically use the last selected emote.
- Whatever music you have selected in your locker will now play at the time you achieve a Victory Royale.
- An in-air loop has been added to Grenade Launcher grenades so you can better identify where they’re coming from.
- The bounce audio of Grenade Launcher grenades has been improved.
- The volume of grenade explosions at medium-range has been reduced.
Weapons and Items
- The Guided Missile will no longer fire in the wrong direction.
- Grappling onto a supply drop will no longer permanently attach a player to it.
- The animation for reloading a Double Barrel Shotgun will no longer be interrupted when trying to fire at the same time.
- The animations for equipping a weapon will no longer skip when players attempt to sprint and target at the same time.
- Inconsistencies with the Damage trap not triggering properly have been resolved.
- Slight movement is allowed when using a consumable while Sprint by Default is enabled. This change with added to better match how it works while the option is disabled.
- Falling off the island in a vehicle will no longer cause character orientation to become stuck.
- Glider Redeploy will now function as it should, in any game modes that allow the functionality (Soaring 50s, Disco Domination). This resolves the issue that allowed the prompt to appear but prevented redeployment of the glider while players were at the proper height.
- The cube’s ambient sounds will no longer play in the middle of a match randomly.
- Constant explosion sounds will no longer interrupt each other.
- Compact and Basic Submachine Gun sounds for medium/distant fire ranges have been added, previously missing.
- Pops that occurred during emote music loops no longer occur.
- The audio cue that plays before new supply drops start spawning has been re-added.
- The reticle is now hidden while skydiving.
- Issues with the display of inputs related to inventory and on-screen map have been fixed.
- Auto-run will no longer be canceled by resource buttons.
Art and Animation
- Cosmetic type items that change over the course over a match are marked as “Reactive” in-game.
- Visual display issues relating to cosmetic music items have been fixed.
That about wraps up v6.10 of Fortnite Battle Royale. The entire list of patch notes including those for Save the World mode can be found here. Be sure to check out our Fortnite Challenges Hub for guides relating to every week of challenges so far in season six.