The Haunted: Hells Reach is a game that is bloody and a flesh-ripping delight, so it has to be an Xbox 360 title… right? Well, unfortunately not yet. Powered by Unreal Engine 3, this fast paced horror-action third person shooter is only for PC at the moment. But, according to a member of the developing team, Hells Reach could see life on XBLA if they find a publisher.
The Haunted isn’t just some random game that came out of nowhere, it actually has a championship belt around its waist. It was crowned winner of Epic Games ‘Make Something Unreal’ game creating contest. “A winning formula of intense survival horror gameplay, rich multiplayer modes, and nightmarish themed graphics,” an Epic rep stated.
Here are a few specs of the PC version(which will hopefully carry over to XBLA):
* Playing as human is action focused survival gameplay with a huge arsenal of weapons and melee attacks, total freedom in movement and brutal, intense combat.
* The minions of hell come in many variations and approach from everywhere to give you the feeling of a real fight for your life. There is no place to hide, together or alone. In addition to that, watch out for dangerous traps and environmental hazards.
* Some multiplayer modes can have players taking control of vicious demon masters. Here you can spawn monsters and play them by yourself, or place traps and trigger the environmental hazards to create a unpredictable threat for the humans.
* The monsters are harrowing and locations feature a classic horror atmosphere with a remarkable western-gothic style.
* Solo Mode: The singleplayer mode pits one human against the forces of evil.
* Coop Mode: Up to 4 human players have to make a stand against the undead. Send as much as possible back to hell and redeem the souls of fallen comrades.
* Battle Mode: 4 Human players against 4 demons.
* Demonizer: Similar to coop, but each dead human will turn into a demon until no one is left.