Newsbits: November 21 – pre-Thanksgiving edition
- A new map for Toylogic’s free-to-play adventure title Happy Wars, called Zodiac, released November 16. PlayXBLA also has tips to ensure players are seeing all maps available while matchmaking.
- This month, several former 4J Studios developers have broken off to create their own development studio, Scotland-based Stormcloud Games. Former studio director (and co-founder) Frank Arnot steps into the role of Stormcloud’s managing director, Andy West will tackle coding and ex-senior artist Pat McGovern is set to head Stormcloud’s art section. The three have such titles as Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the XBLA port of Perfect Dark under their belts. Arnot tells Polygon the three branched off to make projects they were passionate about a reality.
- One half of the team that created the critically acclaimed Fez has a new place to call home; Renaud Bernard joined the Capy Games team early this month. The developer is currently working on Super Time Force and was previously responsible for Might of Magic: Clash of Heroes HD and Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP. Fez dev Polytron wished Bernard well on Twitter.
- SEGA has released the soundtrack for NiGHTS into Dreams… earlier this month, which was recently re-released on XBLA. With a total of 52 tracks over three volumes, the soundtrack is available on iTunes and Amazon MP3.
- Compulsion Games‘ upcoming platformer Contrast won’t make its planned winter 2012 release, the developer recently announced – the new goal is first quarter of 2013. Announced in March, Contrast looks to blend platforming and puzzle elements with gameplay based on the relationship between light and shadow.