Remember all those great cartoons you watched as a kid in the 80’s (or 90’s to a certain extent)? Ronimo Games certainly do and they’ve produced a theme song for their upcoming XBLA game Awesomenauts that could be taken straight from one of those cartoons.
Awesomenauts is a multiplayer online battle arena game, we’re still not entirely sure what that means. We know it’ll involve lots of shooting, nostalgia and online multiplayer. Thankfully we have some new details thanks to the guys over at Gamergeddon. Check them out after the jump.
- For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
- Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
- A roster of unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
- Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
- Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
- Facemelting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!