Torchlight gets title update
Torchlight fans rejoice. Runic Games has been tracking major bugs via their official forums and have released an update that addresses many of those issues. Most of the issues deal with gameplay features such as interactions and items, however some also focus on performance and framerate. Hit the jump for a complete list of fixes.
Source: Runic Games
- Shared Stash items missing – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Cause: Stash file gets overwritten when creating a new character. Workaround: Load an existing character before making a new one.
- Shared Stash only holds 42 items – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Cause: Stash size incorrectly set. Workaround: None available.
- Avatar t-shirt clipping issue – This issue was resolved in a minor title update, released on March 18, 2011.
- Chakawary HP Bug – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Cause: Minor glitch. Workaround: None available.
- Recovering a gem causes crash – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Cause: Item was in pet inventory when trying to recover. Workaround: Move item to character inventory before attempting to recover.
- Summoner alchemist interaction issue – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
- Performance issues – We’ve added some particle and collision optimizations; hopefully, this will resolve some of the issues you’re seeing. This will be addressed in the next title update.
- Pet transformations time out in title menu – This issue doesn’t affect gameplay and likely won’t be addressed.
Cause: Timer continues to countdown in title menu. Workaround: None required, as the timer reverts to its previous state upon loading the save.
- Chapter segment voiceovers may be intermittently inaudible – This issue is under investigation.
- Unable to proceed in the Lost Fortress, Level 27 – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Workaround: None available.
- Stuck Characters – We anticipated this issue ahead of time, so there’s an easy fix. Just hold both bumpers on your controller as you load your game save and you should be sent to the beginning of the floor.
- Merchants show 126 available inv. slots; only hold 50 items – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
Cause: Incorrectly stated in UI. Workaround: None. Merchants are only supposed to hold 50 items in inventory.
- Tattered Lurker glitch – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
- Ranged weapon particles will now fade out – Nobody complained about this, but we fixed it anyway!
- Ribbon particles cause a hitch – This issue will be resolved in the next title update.
- Avatar awards not unlocking – We’re still investigating this issue, but our working hypothesis (founded on two confirmed reports), is that if you’re offline when you earn the achievement, you won’t get the avatar award. Also, please note that if you meet the qualifications for any achievements while playing the demo, the achievements won’t be awarded retroactively after you buy the game. Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do to address this as achievements are tracked outside of our control.