Newsbits: Xbox 360 no longer king, devs down on Xbox One, Happy Wars update
- After a poll of Europeon developers, they seem to be down on the Xbox One. However, this was done before Microsoft’s change on self-publishing, so these results may be very different in the near future.
- For the first time in a really long time, the Xbox 360 is no longer the number one selling console in the US. After a couple-year run at the top, Nintendo’s 3DS has taken over the lead the past two months. With that said, the 360 still sold 140,000 units in June.
- Happy Wars recently received a hefty update adding a ton of content including new classes, items, and a new level. You can view the trailer for all the new content here.
- If you’re looking to subscribe to Office 365 for your PC, now may be the time. Microsoft is offering a free year of Xbox Live Gold to anyone who signs up for a new subscription before September 28th.
- Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians was recently announced via press release, and will be using composer Austin Wintory who did the soundtracks for PSN’s flOw and Journey. They passed along a strange trailer that you can watch here.
- Darkstalkers Resurrection didn’t sell nearly as well as Capcom had hoped, potentially leading to the end of the franchise. Even though it was just brought back into the light, it looks like it could be heading back to the dark.