Newsbits: Security, The CW, and Pizza
- We’ve all had the wish that ordering pizza would be as easy as using an app on Xbox Live, and now you can do just that. Too lazy to pick up your phone? Log right into the Pizza Hut app and order away. It’ll even save you 15% off your order until May 6th.
- The CW has also received its own app. You’ll be able to watch next-day episodes of your (not) favorite shows for free, and even use Xbox SmartGlass to interact with them. You can find more details on Major Nelson’s blog.
- Microsoft reported that sales revenue is up 55% year-over-year for the third quarter of 2013. Unfortunately, revenue is still down for the full fiscal year. The numbers were reported on the investor relations part of the Microsoft website, but you can find a more friendly rundown of the numbers over at Polygon.
- Press Play, the studio behind Max and the Curse of Brotherhood, says that Microsoft hasn’t forgotten about Indie devs, and they have a hard time relating to stories saying the opposite. Lead designer Mikkel Thorsted had some highly encouraging words, which you can read over at OXM.
- On The Official Microsoft Blog they revealed a big upgrade to Microsoft accounts by adding a two-step verification process. Major Nelson later posted on how it would directly affect your Xbox Live account, with a step-by-step process on how to use it. With how non-secure services involving your credit card can be, it may not be a bad idea to take a look and use it yourself.