Newsbits: A free game, TV on XBLA? and more game updates!
- Doritos Crash Course 2 will be coming soon as a free-to-play game on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The game uses your Avatar to navigate through five new levels, featuring obstacles, pitfalls and traps. Players can also buy coins to unlock new courses, power-ups and items in the game. (Thanks, @lifelower)
- Could TV Programming be coming to Xbox Live? According to Joystiq, the answer is yes. Xbox Entertainment Studios is planning on making different interactive television programming. The studio is led by Nancy Tellem, who headed recent live events on Xbox such as the Elections and the Oscars. Microsoft plans on adding an additional 40 new TV and entertainment apps this year.
- In a recent blog post (translated by XBLAFans tipster @lifelower.) Masaki Sakri, producer of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds, revealed some details about the action game. The game will feature battle and co-op multiplayer modes, as well as a story mode. Sakari said that the game’s character levels will be saved and playable across all game modes. Players will only be able to play DLC content against other players who have bought the DLC content. Due to the Xbox Live Marketplace cost restrictions, players who have not purchased extra content will only be matched up against non-DLC players. The game will be released February 27.
- In a trailer for Deep Silver’s upcoming RPG: Sacred Citadel, the Ancarian Ranger was revealed as the third of four classes. The class will serve as a long-range attacker, fighting with bows and traps. The Ancarian Ranger joins the warrior and shaman classes. Sacred Citadel, which is a prologue to the game Sacred 3, is scheduled for release in 2013.
- 3 AM Games has released six screenshots for the FPS puzzle game, Magrunner. Developed on the Unreal 3 Engine, the game’s story takes place during a competition in the future. The competition involves the use of a new magnetic technology to travel through different rooms. However, when a power outage occurs, the only hope for the competitors is to finish the course to contact the outside world. It is unknown when Magrunner will be released, but it is expected