Joy Ride Turbo announced for XBLA
Microsoft have announced that Joy Ride Turbo will be heading to XBLA. The new game is from the developers of Kinect Joy Ride, Big Park Studios and it’s launch is said to be “just weeks away”. Fans of the genre may also be pleased to hear that the game has gone back to it’s original design roots, for the karting action will be controller-based rather than the Kinect controls of it’s predecessor. According to Microsoft, Joy Ride Turbo is said to feature the following:
• Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.
• Knock out your competitors and take the race lead with rockets, mines, dynamite drops and more.
• Explore the new Stunt Park to gather all of the collectibles and showoff your skills.
• Find and collect car parts to unlock vehicles, each with unique speed and handling characteristics, giving you an edge in your next race.
• Achieve racing leaderboard fame in 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial.
Joy Ride had been originally announced back in 2009 at E3 to be a free to play XBLA game, however many gamers were disappointed when it was re-designed and released as a Kinect only retail game, Kinect Joy Ride. There is no word on how this new version will be priced but PlayXBLA have published some brand new screenshots to enjoy while we wait for more information.