February is right around the corner, and Microsoft has announced new updates are coming to the Xbox One when it gets here. Members of the Xbox One Preview Program may have already downloaded the updates in question, but here are the upcoming features. If you have any feedback or ideas about any features, check out the Xbox Feedback page.
1. Custom backgrounds and tile transparency — As you see in the screenshot below, Microsoft has added transparency to some home tiles to allow a better view of the Xbox One background. Microsoft has stated that some items were not made transparent due to “usage rights/restrictions for certain images.”
A new feature to Xbox One, custom backgrounds will now be allowed. This option will be accessible by going to “My games & apps,” “Apps,” “Settings,” “My Xbox,” “My background” and “Custom image.”
There are more features added to the update below. Check them out.
2. Game hubs — Each game will have a game hub available where players can view various game leaderboards, game broadcasters, which of their friends’ have played the game and follow top and popular players.
3. TV updates — Multiple features are being added to TV functionality but not all may apply to everyone.
* OneGuide support is being added to the Netherlands.
* TV Trending is being added to OneGuide. Viewers using OneGuide can see what shows are trending by a “Trending on Xbox” note. TV trending will be based on the number of Xbox One users currently watching that show on a national level pulled from anonymous data. Currently, this feature is available in the US, UK and Canada and will soon be added to France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico.
* There will be improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers as more devices will work with Xbox One.
* Members in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain will have access to “Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in which video frames will be seen while fast-forwarding or rewinding.
* Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android will be available for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
These features may come in handy and will arrive soon in February.
Source: Xbox Wire