Battleblock Theater arena modes revealed
The Behemoth recently announced that they are looking for 10,000 players to participate in a closed beta test of their upcoming Battleblock Theater beginning sometime in either February or March. The beta program will give willing testers access to story levels, the level editor and a few levels of all arena modes. However, we’ve not had a lot of details on what these arena modes actually are, until now that is. For The Behemoth have just published some details on their developer’s blog on the multiplayer games we can look forward to:
- Soul -Steal enemy souls and run away. Stomp, punch, kick or kill your opponent to capture their soul. The longer you have their sweet, sweet spirit, the more points you or your team will get. Don’t forget that you’ve got a soul too, so you better make sure that doesn’t get stolen in the process!
- Muckle – Beat and kill the enemy team. It’s that simple. One, two and land those punches. Give them a good uppercut. Use those weapons you earned. Get points for being the most powerful team.
- Challenge – Score the best time. How fast can you go through a level? Or a better question would be: How much faster can you go than others? Prove to everyone that you’re the best of the best at finishing before anyone else… In this context it’s a good thing!
- King of the Hill – Stand on the crown blocks. They’re golden and shiny. You can’t miss them. The only problem is your enemies can’t miss them either! Keep your opponents off those blocks and do your best to stay on them for a multitude of points.
- Color the World – Color more blocks than the other team. You’ll start off with a “blank slate” of greyish blocks and end with a kaleidoscope of colors – unless you’re really good or really suck, then you’ll only see giant blocks of color.
- Grab the Gold – Grab more gold than the other team. A floating whale spits out gold. Your objective is to take those pieces to the safe. It’s that easy. Just remember to keep them safe from your opponents!
- Ball Game – Get the ball in the basket. When you play this mode, you’ll be grabbing, passing and dunking in no time! Just remember to put the ball into your opponent’s hoop and not your own!
- Horse – Ride the horse to the stables. You’ll have a chance to use your sneaky skills to steal the other team’s horse. Lead the horse all the way back to your own stable to get your haul of points.
You can sign up for the beta here, but to guarantee a spot then best look out for one of our daily giveaway contests. Hit the jump for some screenshots of all modes described above.
Source: The Behemoth Blog