State of Decay becomes second-fastest-selling XBLA game of all time
Undead Labs have announced that their recently released open-world zombie survival game, State of Decay, is now the second-fastest-selling XBLA title of all time. The game sold more than a quarter million copies in its first two days smashing all kinds of records. The only game that ever sold more on XBLA this fast was Minecraft.
Whilst there may be some apocalyptic style celebrations going on over at the Seattle-based development studio, Undead Labs have promised not to rest up just yet. Title Update 1 has already been submitted for certification and should be available for download in the next week or so. Check out the full details below:
- NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- UPDATED: The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.
State of Decay was released on XBLA June 5 for 1600 MSP. Keep your zombie eyes peeled for an XBLAFans review coming soon.
Source: Undead Labs