As we approach the third birthday of one of XBLA’s biggest hits, The Behemoth celebrates with a brand new Castle Crashers title update full of new content and fixed glitches for the fans to enjoy. Here’s the complete list of features, directly from The Behemoth:
Castle Crashers XBLA Title Update 2 Changes
- Download the Pink Knight (complete with new weapons!) in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, FOR FREE!!!!!!! ($1.00 donated to Keep A Breast Foundation with each of the first 50,000 downloads)
- Download the Blacksmith Pack for 160 Microsoft Points. Once shrouded in mystery, the legend of the Blacksmith becomes a reality. Wielding miniature antlered frogs, burning hammers of justice and springboard contraptions, this warrior is much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson.
- Added a Team vs Team feature to Player Match Arena (as opposed to the current free-for-all).
- Earn two new Avatar Awards—Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet!
- Ability to check Player’s Gamer Cards in Xbox LIVE matches.
- Main menu News Ticker for all of your latest Castle Crashers and Behemoth Updates!
Notable Bug Fixes:
- Level 256 cheat resolved (more info available on request).
- Data copy glitch (more info available on request).
- Sandworm experience glitch (more info available on request).
- Wedding Crashers progression save now fixed when user leaves game play in flowery fields.
- Smoothed Alien Hominid’s Splash Magic when traveling over water.
- Slowed down Iceskimo’s power drainage from magic.
- More effects added to elemental attacks for Alien Hominid, Demon and Iceskimo!
- If your character dies, your Animal Orbs can no longer fight without you.
Adding free fresh content to a three year old game is not done often, but this comes as a nice surprise to fans and will give more incentive for people who haven’t bought the game already. A new multiplayer mode, avatar awards, and the legendary Pink Knight are all proof of how much The Behemoth loves us.
Source: The Behemoth Development Blog