X-Men Arcade reboots on December 15, timed XBLA exclusive
One week from today you and up to 5 friends will by slicing, dicing and blasting your way through X-Men Arcade. That’s right, the arcade classic is coming to your living room! Full details after the jump.
In a recent interview with Eurogamer, Backbone Entertainment (the studio behind this remake, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Marvel V.S. Capcom 2, 1942: Joint Strike, and Commando 3) filled us in on a little more information.
- X-Men Arcade is a timed exclusive for XBLA, we get the title December 15th, 2010. While PSN users have to wait until February.
- Pricing is yet to be revealed, but hopefully kept at ~$10 or less due to the exclusivity.
- It’s a port of the arcade game, but with high definition graphic updates, drop in drop out online multiplayer and local co-op
- It includes features of the Japanese version, such as health packs and power ups.
- The dialogue is being re-recorded, but infamous lines are kept.
You can as either: Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Dazzler, Night Crawler, or Cyclops. Your goal? Take down the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant, lead by Magneto. Key boss battles include: Pyro, Blob, Wendigo, Mystique, White Queen, Juggernaut and Magneto.
The title looks exceptionally fun, and for gamers like me it will be interesting to see if the game lives up to the hype. Stay tuned for the review soon, and let us know below what X-men you want to play as, and why! Trailer below.