Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale announced, coming in 2011
Everyone’s favorite table top RPG is getting an action RPG makeover in this new title just announced by Atari. It is listed as “shipping” in 2011 for all major downloadable markets (sans Appstore and Android) and looks to be making quite a splash. Full story after the jump.
This title will be very different from its MMO counterpart as this is an action RPG very similar to Gauntlet, and the Dungeons and Dragons titles of the 90s. Players will work together with up to 3 characters to stop an invading super evil guy named… Rezlus, and his Zhentarim from invading Dalewood. Strange names aside (Rezlus? lol), the game looks fun. Jim Wilson, President and CEO of Atari games had this to say:
“The Dungeons & Dragons franchise remains a priority for Atari as we continue to build upon the ever-evolving narrative with Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale”… “As the first D&D cross-platform digital download title we look forward to expanding the franchise to a growing gaming audience.”
According to the game’s official site, Daggerdale will feature:
- Solo and Co-op Play: Battle through the mines of Tethyamar and tower of Rezlus solo or with 1-3 of your friends.
- Questing: Combines both exploration and combat including a reward system for player progression.
- Immersive Combat: Battle a wide range of enemies by engaging in intuitive pick-up-and-play melee, tactical ranged combat, or powerful spell casting.
- Character Development: Select a class, build your ultimate hero, collect loot, and earn experience! Select feats, powers, and skills to enhance and customize your hero as you level up.
- Stunning Levels and Exploration: Take on a variety of perilous quests and explore the richly detailed environments of Daggerdale.
- Intuitive pick-up-and-play: Easy to learn, with great depth for those who wish to master.
- Multiple Game Modes: Unlock new areas and challenges in Campaign mode, or hone your skills in Freeplay
If one has ever enjoyed co-op action RPGs, or just plain old tabletop D&D, this is the game for them. Slated to release in Spring 2011 for XBLA, PSN and PC online markets. Trailer below.